Flieg Zurück

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School is Back in Session ...

Hello all... Greetings from Deutschland and from one tired girl.

Today, obviously, was my first day of school, and I am comletely and totally EXHAUSTED! Today for me, I had classes from 9 to 5, which I think is a bit intense. Luckily, I did have a three hour break in between Musik and Deutsch... thank God. In this break, David and I went into Bad Neuenahr to get ice cream. Yes, you can leave school grounds at any given time, as long as you're back in time for your next class.

Everyone was really, really nice. I met a couple of people that showed me some of the important things in PJG, like the list which tells you when teachers aren't going to be there so you don't have to turn up for class. This is lucky, because it turns out that I only have one class on Thursday due to one of my teachers being in London.

I'm sure you're all dying to know what my schedule is, so here goes... and by the way, every period is about 45 minutes long, give or take. And the first period starts at eight. So, here goes...

MONDAY
1. free
2. free
3. free
4. Mathe
5. Mathe
6. Englisch
7. free
8. Sport
9. Sport
10. Geschichte (History)
11. Geschichte

TUESDAY
1. free
2. free
3. Musik
4. Musik
5. free
6. free
7. free
8. Deutsch
9. Deutsch
10. Englisch
11. Englisch

WEDNESDAY
1. Geschichte
2. Geschichte
3. free
4. free
5. Latein
6. Latein
7. free
8. free
9. free
10. free
11. free

THURSDAY
1. Englisch
2. Englisch
3. free
4. free
5. free
6. free
7. free
8. Musik
9. Musik
10. free
11. free

FRIDAY
1. free
2. free
3. Mathe
4. Mathe
5. free
6. Latein
7. free
8. free
9. free
10. free
11. free

I know it seems like I have a lot of free periods, but those are used for studying and such. You might also notice that I have no science, as it was impossible to fit in with all of my other classes. Don't worry -- I only need a math OR science credit in school.

Overall, I'm really excited, but still scared. Being in all-German all the time classes today was a bit like running into a brick wall... I'm glad that Englisch is entirely in Englisch. My teacher in that class has been really nice, and has me do other stuff, like work on my German throughout. We're actually studying the US now, and she always has me voice my opinion throughout. It is quite interesting to hear the European view on the States.

That's all for now, I'm probably going to go sleep..

Liebe Grüße

Signe

3 comments:

  1. " You might also notice that I have no science, as it was impossible to fit in with all of my other classes."

    You do have a second semester, correct? The classes should at least change around if not entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. People told me that I had all of the same classes the whole year. I'm thinking of dropping Latin, though, and replacing it with a science course. Learning a foreign language in another foreign language seems to NOT be such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Signe -- This reminds me of my junior year in France. The language thing can be exhausting, but it was my BEST year of school. Sounds wonderful so far!
    Best wishes,
    Mrs. G.

    ReplyDelete