Flieg Zurück

Friday, August 28, 2009

The New and (hopefully) Improved Schedule

So, after a couple days, it crossed my mind that perhaps taking one foreign language (Latin) in another foreign language (German) is not such a wonderful idea. Plus. I realized that perhaps I should take up a few sciences courses, so after talking to my new advisor today, here is my new schedule...

MONDAY
1. Sport
2. Sport
3. free
4. Mathe
5. Mathe
6. Englisch
7. free
8. Chemie
9. Chemie
10. Geschichte (History)
11. Geschichte

TUESDAY
1. free
2. free
3. Musik
4. Musik
5. free
6. Chemie
7. free
8. Deutsch
9. Deutsch
10. Englisch
11. Englisch

WEDNESDAY
1. Geschichte
2. Geschichte
3. free
4. free
5. free
6. free
7. free
8. free
9. free
10. free
11. free

THURSDAY
1. Englisch
2. Englisch
3. free
4. free
5. Physik
6. free
7. free
8. Musik
9. Musik
10. free
11. free

FRIDAY
1. Physik
2. Physik
3. Mathe
4. Mathe
5. free
6. free
7. free
8. free
9. free
10. free
11. free

Also considering picking up an art course, but this might not happen, as German is slightly difficult :P

Today was actually a pretty good day, considering. This morning, I got on the wrong bus, and ended up wandering around Bad Neuenahr for awhile before I found school. Luckily, I left on an earlier bus so I was pretty much on time for math. I was pleasantly surprised to be ahead of my entire math class -- turns out that since I got put in the grund-kourse (ground course), I'm actually two years ahead as opposed to two years behind. I find this very, very good.

Aside from that, my best classes are Musik and Englisch, are we surprised? Yesterday we did rhythm dication for about half an hour in Musik, and I was the only person in class (granted, there are only seven of us) who got them all right. I must remember to thank Mrs. Bowman for drilling that into our heads, haha. My other classes are kind of difficult, especially considering the whole language barrier. I'm sure it will get easier with time. After all, I am learning and remembering an average of 30 new words per day. This is what I can remember off the top of my head :)

I am meeting some very nice people. Everyone is very helpful -- multiple times today, fellow students came up to me and asked me (sometimes in English, sometimes in German) if they could help me with where I'm going, if I wanted to sit with them and hang out, if I wanted to share their chocolate... I feel quite welcome.

Other than that, not much is going on. I play a lot of piano, and tonight is my first night with a local orchestra, who will hopefully be able to get me a french horn.

That's all for now....

Liebe Grüße.
I love and miss you all
Signe

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm going to try again. glad you got your classes changed. Now just hope the whole French Horn thing gets figured out - YOU CAN DO IT! Enjoy kiddo - love you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete