Flieg Zurück

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Karneval: Part Two

This will follow the same format as the last one, going day-to-day. Karneval is now over, and I'm sad :( It was some of the best fun I've had in my entire life. Anyway, I suppose I'll start with Sunday.

Sunday: I went to Hannah's house in a nearby village to Cologne. We left the house and headed to a club place in downtown Cologne. We didn't stay there long... the DJ wasn't all that wonderful, and the atmosphere wasn't either. So we got pizza from Pizza Hut, and drank some coffee downtown for a few hours. Then we went back to Hannah's house and chilled awhile, watched Blades of Glory and part of The Hangover. It was fun, we always have fun together :).

Monday: Oh man. Rosenmontagszug. Or... a gigantic parade. Too many people. Cold. But still awesome. I took a few pictures, you can see them here. Cool, no? And that was only a tiny piece of the parade. TINY. We didn't stay the whole time because it was cold, and I personally was getting freaked out by all the people. It was INSANE. Then, we went back to Hannah's house and ate some soup and watched some more of the parade on TV. We then went into the sauna because, well, as I mentioned before, it was cold. However, the sauna was in between 80° and 85° ... Celsius. Hot. So then we ran outside a couple times in the snow. It was relaxing, the sauna, but still... hot. I then went home to get ready for a party that was happening in my city that night. That was definitely a lot of fun. Most of my friends were there, and it wasn't as insanely stifling as Heimersheim was. We danced the whole night, and then I ended up crashing at Veda's house again. This means that I didn't spend one night of Karneval at my house, ever. :D

And today. I came home, uploaded pictures to Facebook, and am now writing my blog. It was a GREAT last few days. Maybe I can swing it to come back next year!! I wish...

Liebe Grüße

Signe


No comments:

Post a Comment